Many people have dreamed of becoming a successful writer and in these posts I’ll be giving you all the information you need to take that ambition forward.
I can’t promise you overnight success, but if you follow the advice I give here, you’ll definitely be well on your way to making that dream a reality.
Within these posts, you’ll find four main sections:
· Author advice which is stuffed full of advice on writing, planning, sending your novel to a publisher and/or agent and indie publishing
· Media and marketing – this is a crucial section of the pack because without marketing your book, no-one is going to know it’s there. This section will give you tips on how to market via social media and traditionally, plus there’s a template for a press release that you can send out local press and media.
· A list of websites, books and other resources you may find helpful in your quest to be a published author.
As an award-winning author, I get to meet a lot of people all the time and almost without fail, they will tell me they’ve always wanted to write a book. When I encourage to do it, the inevitably tell me they don’t have the time. Phooey. I am so tired of hearing this excuse. If you want to succeed in anything at life, you need to make time to do it. And that includes writing.
So, here’s what I want you to do:
· Find a space in your home where you won’t be disturbed and where you can sit for an hour a day to write.
· Set that space up as your home office – put your laptop there or your pen and paper.
· Set aside time every day for you to write. For instance, you could write for half an hour to an hour before the rest of the household get up. Or maybe you would prefer to wait until the kids have gone to bed and do it then.
· Don’t tell me you don’t have time – make time and do it!